Monday, December 13, 2004

Quote of the day.

"As to movies with staying power, I would put 'Touch of Evil' on that list, of course. (That movie is one reason why I hate 'Bowling for Columbine' and will never have a bad word for Charlton Heston, who did more for film culture by supporting Welles than Michael Moore ever will.)"

--Manohla Dargis in today's "Ask Manohla" column in the New York Times.

(Also: Casey from Boise will be getting a "Violet Sanford" paper doll from The Cinetrix as this question made it into print:
Q. Why is there no picture of you on the main online movie page like there is of A. O. Scott and Stephen Holden? Are you shy?
— Casey, Boise, Idaho

A. The third eyeball smack in the middle of my forehead always poses a challenge for photographers. Mostly, though, because I get paid for what I write and not for the way I look, I just don't see the need for a picture.

Time to start scouring those Boise - Yahoo yellow pages, Ms. 'Trix.)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home