Monday, August 16, 2004

South Park & Mormons.



Have you seen the South Park/Mormon episode? Somehow I missed it and just caught it over the weekend. F-ing brilliant. (Confession: after reading Under the Banner of Heaven I developed a weird fascination with Mormons. Well, by weird fascination I mean that for weeks after reading said book, I would spontaneously begin ranting/recounting the history of Mormonism to my horrified/amused/shocked roommate.)

Even more brilliant: this little tidbit that Trey & Matt let slip during their interview with BYU school newspaper: "Stone mentioned he and Parker have been talking for years about bringing the story of Joseph Smith to life in a Broadway musical."

Please, Angel Moroni, please make this happen.

1 Comments:

At 12:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey--you probably don't care, but I came across your site by accident. Anyway, just here to ask you not to put too much credence in "under the banner of heaven" towards mormons. here's a link: http://newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/commentary/church-response-to-jon-krakauer-s-under-the-banner-of-heaven

 

Post a Comment

<< Home