Thursday, September 09, 2004

No.

Look: I hate Roger Friedman. I've expressed my hatred of that asshole before (quick recap: he's a bitchy hack on the Miramax payroll who writes a gossip column for Fox News). For some reason I am compelled to swing by his site every week or so.
Today's scoop?
Lance Bass is producing a remake of The Great Gatsby starring Chris Carmack (apparently he's on The O.C.-- is he the football jock?) as Gatsby and Paris Hilton as Daisy.
Please tell me it's all bullshit.
I really don't doubt that after producing his last cinematic triumph, Lance is trying to get this shit off the ground. But it seems like this is one of those cases where the industry buzzes about it, there's a little pre-production and then it falls apart.
At least that's what I'm hoping. That or Friedman is totally wrong (again). If Bob/Mia/Francis can't pull it off, I somehow doubt that the O.C. Jock/ astronaut from N Sync/Amazon.com jewelry designer can.

2 Comments:

At 11:35 PM, Blogger Joshua said...

Paris Hilton as Daisy might be the worst plan ever. In fact, in order to make a good movie of The Great Gatsby you'd have to travel back in time. Or ressurect Zelda Fitzgerald to play her. Or something.

I kind of liked Mia Farrow as a pregnant version of Daisy.

 
At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you may want to check out this thread at:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/archive/index.php/t-506724.html

Apparently, Roger Friedman is on Mariah Carey's payroll as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home