Sunday, September 26, 2004

Remember the sabbath day and keep it holy.

From LA Weekly's coverage of Paris Hilton's book signing at the Santa Clarita Wal-Mart:

Over the next half hour, the room vented itself of its impossible pressure, one autograph at a time. For most, the meeting with a genuine star was all too brief.

“Paris is my idol!” said Lindsey Tillisek, 15, on her way out of the signing line.

“I think she should be queen!” said her friend Katie Quinn, also 15. “If Paris told me to jump off a bridge, I would.”

“I’d do 18 operations just to look like her,” said Tillisek.

“But that could never happen because she’s god.”

“Give us a Paris look,” said a photographer standing nearby.

“That’s impossible,” said Tillisek.

Not everyone was as impressed, including Matt Randall, a punked-out 20-year-old who came with a group of friends. “I came here to buy wife beaters, and because some chick sucked a knob on the Internet, I can’t get them,” said Randall, when asked if he was interested in shelling out $16 for the memoir. “I’m not planning to buy the book. But I’ll get the video.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home