Monday, May 24, 2004

God is in the iPod, part deux.

I thought I would try again.
I am putting my iPod on shuffle--all 5,605 songs currently stored on it--and seeing if God/Jehova/Whatever is trying to speak to me/tell me something through the first 20 songs that get spit out.

Here we go.

Ryan Adams: "Nuclear"
David Bowie: "Time"
Marvin Gaye: "Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology)"
Jay-Z: "Izzo (H.O.V.A.)"
Beck: "Puttin It"
Modest Mouse: "A Different City"
Moby: "I'm Not Worried At All"
David Bowie: "Fall Dog Bombs the Moon"
Sly & The Family Stone: "I Get High On You"
Bjork: "Headphones"
Nine Inch Nails: "Closer"
Hole: "Use Once & Destroy"
Sly & The Family Stone: "Poet"
Neil Finn: "Don't Dream It's Over"
Bjork: "Hidden Place"
David Bowie: "Lodger"
Curve: "Falling Free (Aphex Twin Remix)"
Daft Punk: "Crescendolls"
Emmylou Harris: "Boy From Tupelo"
Sean Lennon: "Bathtub"

Interesting. Ladies and gentlemen, I am kind of convinced that God may in fact be trying to tell me something. Clearly He's into Bowie (natch) and is a fan of Sly (who isn't?), but this list says to me: even though shit looks fucked up and scary and overwhelming, relax... we're gonna make it. All is gonna be just fine, just trust in J-E-S-U-S, read some of those Left Behind books and take a bath. Maybe make some nachos, get high and watch some 700 Club. 'Sall good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home