Monday, June 14, 2004

Compassionate Conservatism, Pt. II

I negleted to harp on this one last week. In case you missed it, Rush Limbaugh is divorcing wife number three. (Sorry that this sounds like something that would be up at moveon.org or on Michael Moore's website, but I had to do this. I had to. God made me.)

With that in mind, allow me to share some quotes from Mr. Limbaugh:

I really do not even think marriage is a right. Marriage is a responsibility. It's not a gift that somebody says, 'Hey, now it's time for you to get married. It's our bestowal to you.' It's a commitment that you make and it is a responsibility that you accept."
--Rush on the gay marriage debate.

"We have a behavioral problem. We have a love problem. We have a spiritual problem."
--Rush on the general disrespect shown to marriage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home