Monday, September 27, 2004

No spin watch.

Admission: I love pointing out that Bill O'Reilly is a douche-bag full of spin. I can't help it. I try to ignore that smug bastard, but I can't. That said, check this out:
The Thigh Master pointed me to this article on Mike Wallace interviewing Bill. In it, O'Reilly whines about how he's misunderstood and he has such an unfair rep and how he's researched it and in six years of the O'Reilly Factor he's only told six guests to shut up. Six. ("Three times in anger and three times just, 'Ahhh, he didn't want to shut up about things.'")
Of course, Jack Shafer has written about O'Reilly's penchant for telling guests to shut up over at Slate. Shafer managed to documnet approximately thirty instances of O'Reilly uttering that magical phrase. I think one or two of the documented "shut ups" weren't on air and some are stretches, but O'Reilly's figure sounds an awful lot like a bunch of spin. Oh O'Reilly, you thought you were going to pull one over on me. Think again, biatch. And scene.

1 Comments:

At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Best Handheld Vacuum said...

Things are exceptionally open along with extremely clear description of issues. was actually details. Your website is exceptionally helpful.
thanks..
Handheld Vacuum

 

Post a Comment

<< Home