Friday, October 01, 2004

[Insert witty Presidential Debate title here.]

"It's so cute that Bush refers to Putin as 'Vladimir.' That's adorable. They must be totally BFF. I heard that they exchanged little, woven, friendship bracelets at a pizza party that Kerry didn't even know about. Kerry's such a loser."

--Jessi Klein, blogging the debate for CNN.

Jessi also touched on one of my favorite bizzaro Bushisms of the night:

"I love it when Bush refers to al Qaeda as a 'group of folks.' They're a 'group of folks' who hate America. A 'group of folks' usually refers to something more low key, like The Mamas and the Papas."

Jessi's complete blog is here. As for my take... Briefly: I was really impressed with Kerry. Well, kind of. He remains maddeningly vague on exactly what he's going to do differently in Iraq (if anything) and I think he blew a couple of chances to really smack Bush down. That said, he was (mostly) clear and concise and presidential-- just as he needed to be. For a more ribald post-debate analysis check out Fagistan (duh).

(Props to Stereogum for the link to Ms. Klein's blog.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home