Friday, October 08, 2004

The laughs keep a-comin'.

You might remember Julia Gorin from yesterday's entry on her fun-filled essay about Natalie Portman and that damned colored fella she's shacking up with. Turns out Julia's a stand-up comic too! And wouldn't you know, she blessed us by including one of her latest bits in a recent column:
"At the time of Ronald Reagan's funeral, I had a joke in my stand-up act that went: Seeing that dead ex-presidents get more attention than living ones, Bill Clinton confided to a staff member that he wished he were dead. I even warned audiences that he may try to stage his own death just so he too could have a week-long state funeral for himself. But then, I speculated, he'd let the cat out of the bag, because he wouldn't be able to resist writing a sequel to 'My Life,' called 'My Death.' "

Pause.
Pause.
Enter Molly Shannon: "...Don't get me started."
I guaren-f-ing-tee you that her routine includes jokes about her cats.

4 Comments:

At 11:25 PM, Anonymous Darnell said...

This is very funny. Julia Gorin has a very great sense of humor. I like your post and I hope that you will keep on posting.

 
At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Harry said...

This is so funny. Thanks for posting it. I wish you can post another jokes like this. Funny but it surely clever…

 
At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Katie said...

It's pretty funny, Ben. LOL...
I just can't believe that Julia Gorin has a good sense of humor.
I like your blog and thanks for sharing it, Ben :))

 
At 1:46 AM, Anonymous Graham said...

Thank you Ben...your post was really funny.
Julia Gorin is one of my favorite political commentators. Well, she does have a very high humor. She often makes other people can not stop laughing because her joke.
I can not wait another joke from her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home