Tuesday, July 20, 2004

"Rick Moody is more of a motherfucker than Oedipus."

No, that's not Dale Peck going at it again. It's Quinn Skylark. Mr. Skylark has a bookblog, but he's really frustrated and upset and ready to throw the towel in. I don't really give a shit about the blog, but kind of enjoy his meltdown. Here's some more:

"Sigh. I just don't have the energy for a single-minded bookblog anymore. It's rather depressing really. Back when I was posting with more regularity, I had the energy to come into my office job in the morning, research some articles, and get them posted, but the fun in it seems to be gone.
I mean, what do I really care if Dale Peck gets punched in the face? Who the fuck is Dale Peck other than a pissant critic anyway?
Dave Eggers recent writing only contributes to his tiresome phoniness. Jonathan Franzen sucks eggs. Rick Moody is more of a motherfucker than Oedipus. David Foster Wallace swings his intellect like a war club.
Jonathan Lethem is alright, Michael Chabon, David Markson, Stephen Dixon, Lorrie Moore and Stephen Milhauser, but Steve Almond? Good Sir Christ, why does anybody even bother to read My Life in Heavy Metal?
What do I care if less Americans are reading for pleasure? I've always read more than most Americans and I will continue to whether they read books or not."

Man, somebody needs to drink more water, get some sleep, and read more issues of The Believer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home