Monday, August 30, 2004

ByrneBlog.

David Byrne has a blog.
In this blog he writes about life on the road and being David Byrne.
As you can imagine, this is often amusing and weird.

I esp liked this entry:

I get a ride back from a cab driver that would be perfect casting for Ignatius from "Confederacy of Dunces". He's a large man wearing big shades, shaved head and, in this unusual heat for San Francisco, a rolled up wooly winter hat. He recognized me and told me he knew that the lead guitarist from Talking Heads lived in Marin (he means Jerry)
He also knows where Dana Carvey lives so he proceeded to try and convince me to get together with Dana, whom I don't think I've ever met, and start a club. Nice tables, some drinks, some comedy and some good wholesome music- how could we lose?
Then he moved on to discuss the"“Negro Infection"- by which I think he meant lewd and violent lyrics in Gangsta Rap. His own musical favorite is Huey Lewis, who in his opinion needs to be played on the radio more. Maybe Huey and I could both play at the proposed club, yeah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home