Thursday, August 26, 2004

Dave Poland blows, part 3,789.

Seriously, y'all, what is up with this douche?
You know PL's dumb hatred of Sasha Frere-Jones? Yeah, wll my hatred of the Poland is like that (except it's justified and understandable). I think what I hate the most about this fuckhead (aside from his announcement that the Wayans are the next Marx Brothers) is how he is forever whining about how he's a real film critic and there are so few real film critics left. How he is one of the lone voices of reason in the wilderness as people like Manhola Dargis sell out to the man. Then I read this from his fall movie preview:

From this perch, I can confidently claim that the best movie of the nine scheduled for release on September 17 is Paramount Classic's Enduring Love, one of the very finest and most thoughtful films I have seen this year. (Disney sent a Bernie Mac Mr. 3000 bobblehead doll that I will cherish for life... my Anchorman collection, who are under attack on my mantle from some very scary Alien and Predator dolls, has finally been integrated. Might I humbly suggest celebrity-faced rubber ducks as the next great innovation in movie kitsch.)


I know next to nothing about Enduring Love, so no qualms there. But then what the fuck is that paranthetical? A: what does that have to do with anything? B: is he just trying to piss of Harry Knowles? Is that what that is? He's trying to start shit with tubby online fanboys who like to play with movie dolls? Is this the work of a real, uncompromising film critic?

Memo to Dave: I know you're pissed that you don't write for a real paper or online publication. I know that you must be pissed that you are no longer trusted with running/programming big film festiavls. That's because people know/think you're a big pile of used-up douche. One way to overcome the appearance that you're used-up douche would be to STOP PICKING FIGHTS WITH HARRY KNOWLES LIKE IT'S 1996. NOBODY CARES ANYMORE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home