Tuesday, October 26, 2004

2 + 2 = 5.

Super-short edition:
1) The World Series.
All-consuming--- so all-consuming that it's fucking up all my spare time. But that's OK. Go Sox.

2) iPod Photo.

Totally unnecessary, but irresistible nonetheless: 60 gig iPod Photo.

3) Robert Altman's Gosford Park.
I re-watched it the other night. Every viewing brings out something new and I am convinced that what I once thought was a pretty-good movie is one of the finest, most fully-realized films of the past decade.

4) Ashleegate.

Way too entertaining. "And on Monday... I am fading..."

5) Slate's Election Scorecard.
A daily must. Slate tracks all the various polls, digests them, and shows you where the electoral college stands today. One more week...

2 Comments:

At 11:01 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

As someone who has had to create television slideshows for Christmas get-togethers, graduation partys, and funerals (all for family, mind you), I can appreciate the convenience factor of having a bevy of photos and prepped slideshows all stored in a tiny form factor with TV and audio out. On the other hand, I don't have that kind of cash, and since Picasa, which is free, and completely awesome, is now out, the only advantage the iPod photo has is that I could transfer flash memory photos onto it (but honestly if you can get multi-gig media, why would you need that feature). I'm not particularly excited about the ability to show photos on a small high res screen. Still, fascinating, but where is the 60 gig iPod sans photo, cheaper but with just more storage. Whatever happened to doing one thing and doing it well?

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Ben said...

That's the thing-- I'm more interested in the iPod Photo 'cause it's 60 gigs, not for its photo features. Like I said, I think it's kinda cool but totally unnecessary. How long till there's an 80 gig iPod?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home