Friday, October 15, 2004

Snap, crackle, pop.

  • After yesterday's buzz, KRS One wants to clear things up:
    “Like everyone I was shocked to read that I and other African-Americans actually ‘cheered when 911 happened’ and that I have ‘declared my solidarity with Al Qaeda. When I read my words taken out of context I was shocked and disappointed that the Daily News would go this far to assassinate my character and distort my views. I was making an objective point about how many Hiphoppas as well as the oppressed peoples of the world felt that day. I am a philosopher and a critical thinker, I speak truth and I urge people to think critically about themselves and their environment. Yes, my words are strong. Yes, my views are controversial. But to call me a terrorist is simply wrong! I was just as saddened as everyone else on 9/11. However, for many of us that were racially profiled and harassed by the World’s Trade Center’s security and the police patrolling that area as well as the thousands of American protesters that spoke out against the World Trade Organization months before in Seattle, Washington there was a sense of justice, a sense of change, a wake up call watching the twin towers fall.”

    Ooooh. Now I see. Rather than cheering, KRS One was overcome with a sense of justice when he witnessed a scene of mass murder. Well, that just cleared it all up.

  • Er, somebody missed the point: "There's no nice word for this. It's idiocy. I cringe at the thought of other countries seeing 'Team America' and thinking we're all this ridiculous." That's Mike LaSalle from the San Fransisco Chronicle whining. It drives me insane that certain critics (I'm lookin' your way Ebs) can't roll with the punches and just laugh. Yes, we live in crazy fucked up times. Sure do. It's OK to laugh once in a while. It's even OK to laugh about /mock the insanity that is our reality. What's that, Ebs? Oh it's not? In that case I'll go back to reading Worse than Watergate and planning my trip to see Sky Captain again.

  • MTV News jumps on the Jon Brion bandwagon. They report that his second album is going to drop in March, he's going to release an internet only e.p. of Huckabees outtakes, and he's compiled a Live at Largo set. I'll believe it when I see it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home