Thursday, January 13, 2005

I'm deranged.



I bet you didn't know it, but the Robert Blake trial is about to enter its fourth week. I know. Who cares.
But is anyone else kind of amazed that Lost Highway is never brought up when journalists/pundits cover Blake? I know, I know, it's a David Lynch film that most of the population has never heard of. But this thing has been dragging on for nearly four years and I have never heard anybody mention it. Consider: (1) it was Blake's last "major" role before "the incident" and (2) it's the tale of an Angeleno who, in a fit of paranoid, jealous rage, murders his wife and then constructs an elaborate alternate reality to deal with the trauma. (Lynch says the film came to him when he saw post-trial O.J. on the golf course, looking totally at peace.)

I'm just sayin'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home