Monday, January 24, 2005

Wake up little sushi.

Things I would blog about if time permitted:

  • How Silence of the Lambs is still (after 15 years and total pop-cultural saturation) a trip and twisted and gets under your skin (so to speak). Also, how J. Demme is really brilliant and should stop wasting his time by making bad movies based on really good movies.

  • How Punch-Drunk Love is about aliens. You think I'm joking. I am not. More on this later.

  • How I am hella psyched to hear the new M83 album and cringe at this line from a Pitchfork review of one of the album's tracks. The cringe-inducer: "This song is the utopian endpoint to a teleology begun by those nineties groups such as Polara and Certain Distant Suns who struggled to be utopian endpoints to a teleology begun by My Bloody Valentine. " Am I wrong? Doesn't that make you want to throw something (mayhap, oh, a hardback copy of Baudrillard's Simulacra and Simulations) at the writer's head?

Bleh. More later.

2 Comments:

At 12:47 PM, Blogger Morgan said...

Between that and the 1/2 star "I'm-too-sexy-for-my-shirt" takedown of Lohan on Friday, Pitchfork has really ratcheted their scornful disdain and haughty praise to all new heights. I bet Jean Baudrillard would beat the shit out of Ryan Schreiber. Also, the redesign still sucks.

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger Joshua said...

Don't even pretend like you wouldn't use the word "teleology" as often as possible if you wrote for Pitchfork. You are the great Hegelian of the blogoversity.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home