Friday, April 01, 2005

You Live in a Houseboat.

As part of the April Fools festivities, Scott Stereogum switched up his "Rockin' the iPod" feature to include such treats as Amy Grant and Chris Gaines, etc. He also included a band that I've nevin heard, but now I need to. That band? Anal Cunt. I mean, how can I resist [a] a band with that name, [b] an album with 52 songs, [c] an album with 52 songs with titles like "Jack Kevorkian is Cool," "You've Got Cancer," "You Are a Food Critic," "Pottery's Gay," "You're Gay," "You Have Goals," "Being a Cobbler is Dumb," " René Auberjonois," and my personal favorite, "You Went to See Dishwalla and Everclear (You're Gay)."
How can you go wrong?

Postscript:
Still haven't heard any Anal Cunt, but am sorely disappointed by the lyrics. Here are the complete lyrics to "Dishwalla/Everclear":
"you went to see dishwalla and everclear, you're gay you're a fucking queer [x2]."
That said, there is something (to quote Ms. Paglia) vivacious about the lyrics to "René Auberjonois":

"[chorus:] rene-auberjonois,is gay-auberjonois [x2]
you were on benson,you were in m.a.s.h.,you're french you're gay and you suck
[chorus]
you were in police academy 5,now you're on deep space 9
[chorus]
you were my best friend the vampire,i wish you would fucking retire
[chorus]"

2 Comments:

At 5:15 AM, Blogger Joshua said...

I can't believe you've never heard of Anal Cunt. I used to have a cd of theirs in college but then I lost it.

 
At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew the AC drummer waaay back in the day. I recommend their Oi cover of "Stayin' Alive" [Oi Oi Oi Oi Stayin' alive stayin' alive]. They also covered Eddy Grant's "Electric Avenue." - cinetrix

 

Post a Comment

<< Home