Friday, July 15, 2005

Sharing in the groove.


Confession: I skim Ann Coulter's column nearly every week.*
I know it's a sick compulsion, but those hilariously over-the-top/Kool-Aid drinking diatribes keep me coming back for more.
Alas, this week's column (basically: "Joseph Wilson is a liar blah blah blah") is void of any great Coulterisms. It does, however, contain this delicious nugget of biographical background:
But that is not what Wilson says he found! Thus, his column had the laughably hubristic title, 'What I Didn't Find in Africa.' (Once I couldn't find my car for hours after a Dead show. I call the experience: 'What I Didn't Find in San Francisco.')

Can you imagine? Ann, circa 1985, in tight, tight acid-wash jeans, simultaneously slurping down a Coors Light and a Marlboro Ultra Light Menthol 100, trying to repress her hate-lust for the filthy hippies who are noodle-dancing to a phatty twenty-minute "Terrapin Station" groove.
The mind boggles.

*Sicker yet: I read Michelle Malkin's blog. Every day. Sometimes two or three times a day. Oh and look at Ann's hands in the picture above. Man hands, no?

5 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Blogger Joshua said...

I like how you claim only to "skim" it. I actually was going to blog about the Dead show myself, because I found it hilarious. I'm glad you did, instead.

And you're right, this was like her worst column in history.h

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger girish said...

i hadn't seen malkin's site till now. omigod, what a crazy-evil place. it'd be funny if it wasn't so horrific.

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Ben said...

Joshua,
I promise you: it's no lie that I skim that shit. I find it impossible to actually read her stuff, so I just glance around for buzz phrases (you know, "Godless liberals," variations on "Ted Kennedy swimming car water accident," McCarthy, etc.). It's akin to being a kid and looking for the sexy parts in books, only here you're looking for political dementia.
(Girish, I'm proud to have pushed you over to Ms. Malkin's blog o' fun.)

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Joshua said...

I actually super enjoyed her last gitmo article where she made a joke about how Kennedy couldn't morally stand forced drownings.

 
At 1:57 AM, Blogger Satisfied '75 said...

yeah, man hands

 

Post a Comment

<< Home