Monday, September 19, 2005

Sharing the wealth.

It wasn't until I was stuck in post-theater traffic that I really realized what I had seen. Meryl Streep and Peter Dinklage and Jennifer Jason Leigh and David Thewlis (among others) on a stage performing radio plays by Charlie Kaufman.
That just doesn't happen that often.
Needless to say, Theater of the New Ear was hilarious and funny-sad and well-acted and, er, meta. (What one would expect from a night at the theater with Mr. Kaufman.) As I'm in the middle of the Monday-work blahs, I don't have a whole lot of time to get into the show, but I understand that an mp3 of the London version of "Hope Leaves the Theater" is--cough(scroll down to the Sept 18 entry)cough--floating around on the Internets. Maybe if you're wicked smart you can track it down and listen to the radio play yourself. Shrug.
Happy Monday.

1 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a New York show, btw. Not London.

Not that there's a major difference, mind you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home