Friday, November 04, 2005

Your bi-weekly Armondism(s).

OK, you guys just have to accept that I'm a fanboy at this point.

Somehow, I'd missed this interview that Armond gave to Filmmaker Magazine in the winter of 2004. It's a horn o' plenty of Armondisms, my favorite section being a series of riffs on modern filmmakers. The best reaction:
Filmmaker: Sofia Coppola.

White: [Grunts] She’s probably a nice girl, but put it this way: as a filmmaker, she gave a great performance in Godfather III, which I defend, seriously. But so far, I don’t have much use for her.

I must also find the review (mentioned in this interview), where Armond compares and contrasts All the Real Girls (which he dislikes) with the video for Justin Timberlake's "Cry Me a River" (which he loves).

And for the record: his reaction to Paul Thomas Anderson hurts.

3 Comments:

At 7:02 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

Heh, I admit as much as I'm supposed to hate Justin Timberlake (to maintain my indie street cred), I love that music video.

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Joshua said...

I'm glad someone else disliked that stupid, hideous, worthless, boring, I'd-rather-be-bleeding-from-my-rectum-while-eating-Sam-Alito's-shit-covered-ass movie.

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Ben said...

Dan: Hey, man, no guilt there. Didn't you get the memo? JT's Pitchfork approved.

Josh: Go here for some David Gordon Green hatred. ("The IMDb reviewer for Green's third film, Undertow, called his first two features "Hallmark cards for rural retards." Strong words, but I'm not sure they're not also true.")

 

Post a Comment

<< Home