Thursday, July 22, 2004

An open letter from The New Republic.

AN OPEN LETTER TO 'ENTOURAGE' VIEWERS:

Dear 'Entourage' Viewer:

By now you've probably noticed that The New Republic isn't quite as cool as it sounded when that guy from PCU mentioned us in last night's premiere episode. I'd just like to point out that we're also not as uncool as you probably think we are at this point. It just looks that way because you expected to find a really cool website, and instead you found us.

Actually, we are pretty cool. Okay, maybe not objectively speaking. We don't drive Hummers or wear oversized Yankees paraphernalia or anything like that. (Though some of us are pretty big sports fans. And sometimes I walk around in a white undershirt when it gets really hot in my office.) But I'd say we're pretty cool in relative terms. For example, we're all pretty smart, and I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a cooler bunch of smart people. To put it in 'Entourage' terms, we're kind of like Eric. I think we'd all agree that Eric's not going to blow anyone away with his innate coolness. But when you consider that he's really the brains behind the whole operation, you're probably pleasantly surprised to find out how cool he really is. That's all I'm saying.

Yours,

Noam Scheiber

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home