Friday, March 04, 2005

The way beyond the rubicon.

I'm sure that by now everyone knows the long and tortured saga of Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot Fiona Apple's "indefinitely shelved" album Extraordinary Machine. The latest twist is a Seatlle DJ somehow snagged a copy of the album, has been playing it on the air and now the songs are all over the Interweb.

In tracking down said songs, I have come across many fan-girls who, um, sort of embody certain stereotypes. For instance, there's AppleJuice. I don't know if AJ is serious or not (I can only hope she's kidding), but she wins the quote/comment of the day award for this one:

"i have a theory of how 'A better version of me' has to do with fiona's menstrual cycle. i'm too tired to explain now, but i will later.
any scholar would agree with my interpretation."

I'm trying to contact Camille Paglia to see if she, in fact, agrees with this interpretation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home