Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Wonder if he's seen the recut.

Quentin Tarantino is really committed to his Jew-hatery*:

"My second favourite movie of the year was The Passion Of The Christ. [His number one pick is Shaun of the Dead.] I'm actually in the writers' branch of the Academy, but I wanted to switch over to the directors' branch so I could vote for Mel Gibson to win an Oscar. I think The Passion Of The Christ is one of the most magnificent directing jobs I've seen in my life. I hadn't seen a movie bring back the imagery of silent cinema until that film."

And while on the topic, don't miss Noni Da's review of The Passion Recut. As noted by the 'Trix, that lede is... er, cutting.

* Yes, I know hatery is not a word. But I like its old timey quality. So shut it.

2 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Did I miss something? He liked the Passion of the Christ... so that makes him a Jew-hater?

I don't get it.

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Ben said...

It was sarcasm on my part. I'm sure QT has mad love for the jews. (Mel Gibson on the other hand-- there's a Jew hater.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home