Monday, April 18, 2005

Somebody's got a case of the Mondays.

I got nothin' to say, yo. I know. Hella weak.

Go read Tim's appreciation of Elizabeth Berkley, it's excellent. It makes me want to go on a B (of C or D)-movie binge. Doesn't that sound nice right now? A little Skyscraper*, mayhap?

* A most impressive factoid from the IMDb regarding Skyscraper: "The helicopter taxi company Anna Nicole's character works for is called 'HeliScort,' because the drivers all wear skirt-shorts, or 'scorts,' on duty." Yowza.

1 Comments:

At 11:41 PM, Blogger Joshua said...

I have a funny skort story (skort seems the correct spelling to me, anyway) which I have debated sharing due to its possible inappropriateness. But I've decided not to care, since the person most likely to be offended by my sharing of it is dead.

My parents run a personal care home for the elderly, and one of their long-time clients was a woman who had suffered a stroke after having her neck arteries cleaned out. She could walk, but could not use her hands or speak or dress herself. She also loved to wear skorts. My father, who really isn't that into women's fashion, dressed her one day and put both her legs into one leg of the skort, assuming it was a skirt. He didn't really understand why she owned, much less picked out to wear, a skirt that was skin-tight and had a bizarre flap of fabric on the one hip, but who was he to judge? All day she was running around, trying to tell him that he fucked the thing up, pointing at the skort and tugging on the empty leg and making the limited noises she could make. My father just didn't get it though. Finally, her daughter arrived and took one look at her poor mother and shouted, "LeRoy, what the hell have you done to my mother, she looks like a hooker!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home