Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Getting X'd.



Oh Brett Ratner.
He really is the biggest douche bag working in Hollywood today. He did an interview with MTV defending his new job as director of X-Men 3 and trying his hardest to make everyone hate him even more. (And to be honest: I really don't care at all about the X-Men series. But good God do I hate some Ratner.) Here are some of the choice sound bites:
  • "Jackie Chan says Brett Ratner is the luckiest guy in the world and I feel like I am."

(Yes, he did just refer to himself in the third person and, yes, Jackie Chan speaks the truth.)
  • "I'm not Joel Schumacher and I'm not ... um ... who did the third Superman?"

(Richard Lester, asshole. And, no, you're not Joel Shumacher. But you're on par with him. Aw, fuck it. Flatliners is better than anything that Ratner's touched.)
  • "Well, there's also the fact that all the Supermans die a tragic death. Do you think the new guy [Brandon Routh] is going to die also?"

(This is Brett's super-sensitive response when asked about the myth that the third movie in a comic franchise kills it off. May the ghost of Christopher Reeve haunt him.)
  • "I'm Brett and all I know is what I know, what I can do and what I have to work with."

(That should make all involved sleep well tonight.)

3 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

Ok, I liked the first Rush Hour. Being 16, I was a huge Jackie Chan fan at the time and I was just happy to finally see him hit it big.

Other than Rush Hour and Rush Hour 2, I haven't seen any of his moviess. Feh. Goddammit, so much for my childhood franchise memories. Star Wars is ruined, and I expect X-Men may well be next (and the existing movies have only served to help get it there).

I think Michael Bay should do a sequal to The Princess Bride.

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Ben said...

I vote for McG to direct PB2.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

Either way I would cut myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home