Thursday, June 29, 2006

Ann hearts New Potato Caboose.

Even if this is a fake (and I don't think it is), I love the idea of Ann Coulter giving an interview to jambands.com:
TH: Are there any other jambands you like?

AC: All the usual – String Cheese Incident, Phish, Dave Matthews Band, Blues Traveler, New Potato Caboose. I can't really tell you all the groups I like because have an iPod so have a lot of songs my friends send me and I never really know who I'm listening to. But I try to keep up with what the young people are listening to these days (I love saying that). There’s Jet, Cake, Outkast, 50 Cent, Black-Eyed Peas, Lord Alge, Beck, Kanye West (I like his Jesus song), Missy Elliot, and Eagles of Death Metal. I'm five years behind, aren't I? I'm very busy!

Full confession: I used to be a dirty prep-school hippie that went to a lot of Phish shows (Deer Creek '96, yo), but Ann totally out hippies me. And I like that she's come around and learned to embrace the hip-hop (not to mention effing Eagles of Death Metal).

5 Comments:

At 6:34 PM, Blogger Ben said...

Jon Brion updates: an article about his tendonitis (and producing stuff for Rhymefest!) and, er, an article about, uh, him producing the new Dido record.

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger John Barleycorn said...

It makes my soul cringe to hear you were a jambander. Phish? C'mon Ben. Uggggh.

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Joshua said...

I like how ben acts like he was only into Phish in prep school. He was down with Phish at least as late as the year 2000. And when Phish broke up, he literally cried.

My fave part of that Ann C essay is the part where she jokes about Angela Lansbury giving her her first tie-dye shirt.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Ben said...

Whatevs, I'd so go to a Phish show tomorrow if I could. But the fact is, I haven't really listened to their music in years-- but back in the day I was way into that shit.

(And for the record, unlike Ann, I've never listened to String Cheese Incident.)

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Ben said...

Definitely no Disco Biscuits.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home