Tuesday, November 30, 2004

2 + 2 = 5.

1) Gwen Stefani's new wave streak.
After this blurb, Gwennie is banned from being mentioned on this blog. I've hated on her a lot, but I have to give her minor props. First things first: the album is terrible. You know how I feel about the retarded title. And despite Pitchfork's yelping, I do not think "What You Waiting For?" is single of the year. (And who knew that Andre 3000 could tank so hard? The two tracks he contributed to the album are awful.) All that said, I think for a three song stretch ("Cool," "Serious," "The Real Thing"), when Gwennie got her new wave on and hired the guys from New Order and hooked up with ex-Prince players Wendy & Lisa, she achieves pure retro-pop bliss... like some longlost b-side from OMD or Yaz that John Hughes always meant to use during one of his end credits.

2) Tivo.
I joined the Tivo nation over the weekend. And it is good. I now have many, many episodes of Cops to peruse, can watch Chris Matthews in 15 minutes, won't miss Conan, and can tape a bunch of stuff off TCM at 4:00 in the morning. Huzzah.

3) Cops from 1988.
It's like some Spike Jonze-hell with crazy bemulleted, Marlboro-chaining, yahoo Cops beating the shit out of teenage drug dealers (who favor argyle socks). Insanity. Again: thank you, Tivo.

4) Sea bass on the grill (as prepared by my father).
Super best.

5) Feeling rested.
The mini-vacation went by waaaaaay too quickly, but it rechraged the batteries. To be sure, I'll be miserable and back to hating my job in about, oh, 12 hours, but it's nice to feel slightly energetic and rested and up.

19 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, Blogger Dashiell said...

Welcome to Tivo Nation!

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger date online said...

milf moms

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger tweedledeetweedledum said...

This blog is awesome! If you get a chance you may want to visit this cnet downloads site, it's pretty awesome too!

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Admin said...

Wow, what a great site. I will bookmark this site and return often. It's nice to see sites like this.

Please visit my website and let me know what you think. Disney Tickets

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger milfcritic said...

CLICK HERE FOR milf sex

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Milf Cruise said...

com milf sex

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Milf Cruise said...

get amateur cum shot

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Admin said...

Wow, what a great site. I will bookmark this site and return often. It's nice to see sites like this.

Please visit my website and let me know what you think. Cheap Disney Tickets

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger milfcritic said...

date a milf

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger milfcritic said...

fucking milf

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Tom Naka said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you! I have a health net inc
site/blog. It pretty much covers health net inc
related stuff.

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Jack Naka said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you! I have a beauty salon boston site/blog. It pretty much covers beauty salon boston related stuff.

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger GS said...

Hey..I found a site that lets you download unlimited MP3s for free. You can save music and movies to your PC. There are topics about how to download music to psp Check it out how to download music to psp

 
At 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came across you blog and thought you may find this site usefull. It has gas saving tips and where to find cheap gas. download free song

:)

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Admin said...

Great blog, keep up the good work. Glad to see sites like this.

Here is another good site I said I would pass along.
Disney
Thanks

 
At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

2006 honda civic is another 2006 honda civic place to check out.

 
At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To read more about subaru transmission follow that link

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Hey, You've got a very nice Blog!

Very informative. Be sure to check out my blog on the Make Partition History Campaign.

See you soon :o)

 
At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're right on track and not many people are willing to admit that they share your views. terry o'quinn is an AWESOME place to discuss LOST.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home