Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Is he serious?

"To me, Napoleon Dynamite reflects an extremely bold vision, so bold that it alienates some of our august critics. It has enriched my life and brought joy and pleasure into my household... I hope I find in the next year or two that, yes, I too still have the courage and ability to make a movie like that."

--Jonathan Demme to The Telegraph.

I'll admit: I didn't see Napoleon but I'm sure I'll catch up with it. From the looks of the trailers and TV spots I caught, it always struck me as a smug, misanthropic, passive-agressive Wes Anderson ripoff. Apparently Demme saw the Angel Moroni* in that film. Or something.

*= a Mormon joke.

1 Comments:

At 8:50 PM, Blogger by Mario S. said...

I can see how you thought its a Anderson rip off, but its not. I'm not gonna sit here and say how deep it is. Because its not deep at all. It is just plain funny. It doesnt use bad words or vulgar themes. It's just funny. Funny for any age. Definatly check it out. It's coming to DVD soon i think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home