Friday, December 23, 2005

A quick one while (I'm) away.

Hey there. In my pre-vacation haste, I neglected to mention that I was leaving the land of the Internet connections for some vacation and stuff. So a quick hello and goodbye from Ginny's eCafe & Antiques (?) and a giant call of BULLSHIT to Ken Turan who has seen fit to include seventeen films in his "top ten."

Happy Holidays, people. Back in a few.

Side note: I didn't copy/past the Ken Turan link properly on the first go-round. Instead this message from the previous guest of Ginny's eCafe & Antiques appeared:
thnx to every1 hu came 2 the gigmilly n rach my new guitar is sick cheers nick for the picshannah l says:
i guess u gt shaven haven not bein pervy
thnx to every1 hu came 2 the gigmilly n rach my new guitar is sick cheers nick for the picshannah l says:
llol

Anyone? Translation?

4 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Blogger Tim said...

She gave Nick (LOL) crabs at Gigmilly (get off at exit 24A, make a left on Rach Rd., go about two miles -- about three traffic lights -- and make a left at the ChiChi's...if you hit the Walmart, you've gone too far) by gettin' pervy. He shaved (bad idea) and then took pictures of his handy work (worse idea) and then sent the pics to his lady friend and "Hannah," who thinks it's all LOL funny. Oh and someone (maybe Nick) bought her a new guitar and it's "sick."

Wasn't that obvious?

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger girish said...

And here's the mama of movie critics polls.

 
At 1:02 AM, Blogger Joshua said...

I like tim's translation better, but I'd go for the more traditional:

"thanks to everyone who came to the gig. Milly and Rach[el], my new guitar is sick. Cheers Nick for the pics. Hannah, I say -- [unintelligible] [repeat.]"

And Girish, I was delighted to see Wallace and Grommit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit taking 28th place ahead of Munich and Oldboy.

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger girish said...

Yes me too, Joshua.
Wonderful film, and in its plasticine tactile-ness, a nice corrective to the digital conventional wisdom of contemporary Hollywood animation, methinks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home