Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Tivo alert.

You know how I'm forever prattling on about Bernardo Bertolucci's difficult-to-track-down The Conformist? Well, you lucky people, set those Tivos and/or VCR/DVDr/whatever- contraptions because TCM is airing it this Friday, January 20, at 11:30 p.m. (That's 2:30 a.m. Saturday morning for you east coasters.) Even better, it's subtitled and letterboxed. For those who need a refresher: Bertolucci's obscenely entertaining political-pop masterpiece has never been released on DVD and when found on VHS it's usually a dubbed/pan-and-scan copy, so this TCM screening is a rare treat.

You can't say I'm not looking out for youse.

2 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Blogger Cullen Gallagher said...

Subtitled!?

Are you sure about this? They aired the Conformist a month ago or so, and it ended up being dubbed... Needless to say, I was quite dissapointed.

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Ben said...

I'll double check when I get home, but according to both my Tivo and cable info, this is a subtitled airing.

If not, I will kill.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home