Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Tivo alert.

You know how I'm forever prattling on about Bernardo Bertolucci's difficult-to-track-down The Conformist? Well, you lucky people, set those Tivos and/or VCR/DVDr/whatever- contraptions because TCM is airing it this Friday, January 20, at 11:30 p.m. (That's 2:30 a.m. Saturday morning for you east coasters.) Even better, it's subtitled and letterboxed. For those who need a refresher: Bertolucci's obscenely entertaining political-pop masterpiece has never been released on DVD and when found on VHS it's usually a dubbed/pan-and-scan copy, so this TCM screening is a rare treat.

You can't say I'm not looking out for youse.

3 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Blogger Cinema Journal said...

Subtitled!?

Are you sure about this? They aired the Conformist a month ago or so, and it ended up being dubbed... Needless to say, I was quite dissapointed.

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Ben said...

I'll double check when I get home, but according to both my Tivo and cable info, this is a subtitled airing.

If not, I will kill.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Beano said...

Oh thank you so much!! Since reading your review about this movie I have been very frustrated in tracking down a copy of this. I owe you my firstborn puppy. HA HA I am looking forward to seeing this movie with unbridled desire!!
Just a quick comment not about this subject. I have you as one of my Netflix friends and have noticed that your volume of movies has gone way down. Just curious thought maybe you have been going to the theater more. Ben

 

Post a Comment

<< Home