Tuesday, February 07, 2006

It's too late in the day for me to come up with a witty title.

This picture makes me laugh every time I look at it:

Oh Stipe. I used to be the biggest R.E.M. fan, but it's been a rough couple of years. (And by couple of years, I mean decade.) If the Micahel 'n Dolly photo has you feeling nostalgic, I've got two suggestions:
  1. Try to catch the episode of Sundance's "Iconoclasts" with chef Mario Batali and Stipe. It's completely charming and features quality cameos by (among others) Bono, Mark Romanek, and Jonathan Glazer. Plus it actually made me enjoy an Around the Sun jawn. (That would be "Wanderlust" in case you're wondering.)

  2. Read this excellent bit of memoir/New Adventures in Hi-Fi analysis by Michaelangelo Matos.

1 Comments:

At 6:45 AM, Blogger John Barleycorn said...

I, too, used to be a huge R.E.M. fan. I bought all their albums in high school and rotted off them for years. Then Bill Berry quit the band, and things went downhill. Up was okay, but after that, ugh. Their newest album is almost unlistenable - I didn't buy it, just illegally downloaded chunks and then immediately erased them.

Sigh. At least he's making movies. I liked Being John Malkovich and Saved! was pretty good, as well.

Dolly Parton has no excuse.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home