Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Mimi and The Boss.

I bet you thought that Armond White, resident rebel-critic hero of The Whine Colored Sea, was all about film, right? Not so. The results of the annual Village Voice Pazz & Jop Critics' Poll were released today (nothing all that shocking; the top five albums: Kanye, M.I.A., Sufjan, Sleater, Fiona) and Mr. White allowed his voice to be heard.

His picks:

ALBUMS
1. Carey, Mariah: The Emancipation of Mimi
2. New Order: Waiting for the Sirens' Call
3. Bush, Kate: Aerial
4. West, Kanye: Late Registration
5. Elliott, Missy: The Cookbook
6. Common: Be
7. Chesney, Kenny: The Road and the Radio
8. Scott, Raymond: My Kind of Music
9. Springsteen, Bruce: Devils and Dust

SINGLE
1. Urban, Keith: Better Life
2. Amerie: 1 Thing
3. Elliott, Missy Featuring Ciara & Fat Man Scoop: Lose Control
4. West, Kanye Featuring Jamie Foxx: Gold Digger
5. Chesney, Kenny: Who You'd Be Today
6. Bentley, Dierks: Come a Little Closer
7. Paisley, Brad: Alcohol
8. Wilson, Gretchen: All Jacked Up
9. Scott, Raymond: My Kind of Music
10. Underwood, Carrie: Jesus, Take the Wheel

I've gotta admit, I'm feeling vindicated (see pro-country music screed below). Not sure about Mimi's status as number 1 (I just can't get on that love train), but I wholeheartedly endores albums 2 through 6.

1 Comments:

At 12:17 AM, Blogger Joshua said...

I love how "Jesus Take The Wheel" is on his list because that is my favorite stupid song on the year. The next time I'm on the verge of a lethal car accident I definitely plan to throw my hands in the air and scream, "Jesus take the wheel!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home